Business cards may seem kind of old school but they are still relevant. As a real estate agent I like to get those cards in the hands of as many people as possible. Business cards are a small part of what it takes to be a billionaire real estate agent.
Yesterday I attended several open houses that were being held by local Realtors. Here are some of the ways business cards can be used at someone elses open:
1. If there are others at the open chances are they have taken their shoes off and they are all lined up by the door. Leave a card in the right shoe of every pair.
2. Hand a business card to the agent holding the open as you introduce yourself.
3. Set a couple cards on the counters in the kitchen, and at least one inside a box of breakfast cereal.
4. Place at least one card under the pillow in every bedroom.
5. Place a card in the medicine cabinet near the tylenol or antacid.
6. If you see any potential buyers who look fairly clueless as you are touring the home hand them a card and offer to go to the next open house with them.
7. As you leave the open house if anyone is walking toward the home hand them your card.
The humble business card can be a great way to promote your brand and to stay top of mind.