Some women seem to feel as though they have not succeeded in business unless a man tells them they have.
Some women complain because they do not see many women on the lists of top leaders and influencers that various companies create to promote their own companies. Apparently they just don’t understand that lists that are created by a group of mostly older white men are going to have the names of mostly older white men on them.
What really confuses me is why women want to be on the lists that are of mostly white men but they do. They want to be like those men. I don’t get that at all. When offered the chance to be on a list created by women they are not interested. It is as if they are saying that they will not be a true leader or influencer until a man tells them they are.
That probably won’t stop me from promoting my real estate weenie web site by creating a list which I think I will call “The absolute best, amazing and truly influential broads I know” The list will be open to men of course.
It has been awhile since I have been able to report on a new app that has been created just for REALTORS. Yup you guessed it PokemonGo. If you missed the SnapChat craze which is soooo last month, unless you have a lot of clients who are age 18-34, it isn’t too late to be ahead of the curve with the new PokemonGo app.
Use PokemonGo to generate leads. If you don’t know how to do it just go to Facebook where there are experts standing by to help. Soon there will be webinars designed to help you with your PokemonGo strategy.
If you are not sure what I am talking about you probably should not be a real estate agent. Have a nice day.
You might be a thought leader but you are probably not a thought leader if your boss is telling you what your opinion is.
Having thought leader in a job title is nice but that doesn’t make you a thought leader but it is alright because anyone can call himself a thought leader.
Having thoughts and being a leader might make you a thought leader even if no one calls you a thought leader but you might want to ask your boss just in case.
That is all I got, which is why I am not a thought leader.
Over the years I have occasionally expressed my disgust over the fact that the majority of NAR members are women but the Majority of the leadership are men. The percentages are not even the same. Membership is over 60% female but leadership is like 80% male.
Most of the top employees of NAR at least when it comes to pay and title are also men and it has been that way for like ever.
On the surface this sounds bad but according to some NAR leaders and NAR employees who have defended the NAR, it really is O.K and even if it were not O.K it can’t be changed. If it could be changed we would have started to see changes in the 1970’s
Ten reasons why women are under represented in leadership roles at the NAR and why it is O.K.:
1. Change takes a long time and is a slow process and NAR has only been around since 1908.
2. NAR even discriminates against men sometimes, even old white men.
3. Women need to get more involved and stop complaining about the lack or women in leadership roles. Women who advocate for women become a “thorn” in someones side and no one wants to have a thorn around.
4. There are groups of people who have it much harder in life than women have it. What about them?
5. The only way the system can change is to work within the system but we don’t have any openings. Please keep trying every year. Get more involved in your local association too.
6. There are other organizations in other industries where men fill most of the top positions. Some are as bad as NAR is. (I would like to see proof)
7. We need to focus our resources on getting more young people involved because they are the future and they get it.
8. NAR has been preserving the Mortgage Interest Tax deduction and without it fewer people would want to own homes and that would hurt real estate agents.
9. Speaking out against the NAR can hurt homeownership and other members. It is best to keep quiet about institutionalized discrimination, especially if nothing can be done about it.
10. It isn’t the fault of NAR that they discriminate against women. It isn’t by design or on purpose.
Each and every one of these was told to me by a male leader or employee of the NAR. I get it boys and yes I will keep paying my dues. For some strange reason I have to be a member of the national association just so I can belong to the local MLS. That rule must have been made up by a man.
Hot dog stand
I love taking pictures of hot dog stands for this blog of mass destruction and disruption cleverly disguised as a hot dog stand.
It takes a team to have a successful hot dog stand but you can not see the team in the photo or the owner working because she is behind the umbrella reading a book. She sets up her stand two hours before most people eat lunch and she keeps serving hot dogs after the lunch hour has ended.
You can not see me working either and you can not see my team. Don’t judge me get used to it and get over it.
I need to spend more time on this blog of mass disruption and destruction cleverly disguised as a hot dog stand.
What to do with a camera? If you are a 16 year old you use the camera in your phone for taking selfies and for little else.
If you are a real estate agent the only use you can find for a phone with a built in camera is to take photos of your listings.
Cameras have many, many uses. There are many things and people to photograph on this beautiful planet. Learn to think beyond selfies and houses.
T was here
From a post in the “Raise The Bar Group”
I left a comment. I would have left it alone but the moderator linked to FOX news so I figured anything goes and yes it is political.